"The Spirit of Illawarra" Medal
This medal is awarded by the Illawarra Suburbs Lawn Tennis Association in recognition of outstanding achievement or service to the Association. This can be either as a player, administrator, or in any other capacity deemed worthy by ISLTA.
Members are invited to nominate anyone they think worthy of this award.
How to Nominate Someone for the Medal:
Nominations, including details and information concerning the nominee and his/her contribution, should be sent by email to email@example.com.
- Include your own contact details, as you may be contacted later for more Information.
- Include also the names and contact details of anyone else who could provide Information in support of the application.
The Process of Making this Award:
- The medal is not awarded on a regular basis, but on occasion when a suitable candidate has been identified.
- Nominations must contain detailed information about the nominee’s achievements, including examples of events, positions held, work done, etc.
- Nominations will be considered by a selection sub-committee, which will pass its recommendations on to the Council for consideration.
- The medal will not be awarded posthumously, but nominations can be considered if the nominee was alive at the time the nomination was submitted.
- The medal will be presented at a public forum of the ISLTA, probably the AGM.